photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 18, 2014

Fabulous Room Friday 04.18.14

luis bustamante dining elle decor

I have a feeling you’re all going to love this week’s “Fabulous Room”. I have featured the home of Spanish designer, Luis Bustamante in the past and was so happy to see his gorgeous Madrid apartment featured in the May issue of ELLE DECOR. His home and body of work are so chic. I am just crazy about his style. He marries modern and neoclassical elements with the greatest of ease and creates the most striking, yet simple color palettes.

While I love every room in his house, I’d say my favorite would have to be the dining room/bar. The first time I featured it, I thought it was a kitchen and was a little confused about the lack of appliances aside from the matching refrigerators, but after reading the ELLE DECOR article, I understand its true purpose is for entertaining rather than cooking.

Luis Bustamante Dining Room & Bar via La Dolce Vita

While Bustamante’s love of crisp white is evident in the room, he’s chosen to accent the space with red ticking stripes on the walls, custom tufted banquette, and black Chippendale chairs. Symmetry is a must for me and I prefer things in pairs so this room makes my heart sing. The light fixtures, gorgeous, marble-topped island, abstract art, and furniture are sheer perfection. I love all of it.

Luis Bustamante Dining Room & Bar via La Dolce Vita

The last time I saw this space, Bustamante had an abstract painting placed where this elephant is now. I have to say, it really makes quite a statement and adds a sense of humor and whimsy to an otherwise very classic space. The red ikat lamp shades also add a fun touch---as I am sure all of that liquor does when he entertains! The room is so elegant, with beautiful finishes and exquisite taste in every detail, but the thing I love most about it is that it does not feel stuffy or pretentious. It is an unassuming, yet ultra-chic room.

For those of you who celebrate, Happy Easter! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Signature-3

{First Image by Fernando Labougle for ELLE DECOR  | Second and Third Images Courtesy of Luis Bustamante}

1 comment:

Karena said...

A fabulous space Paloma, love the bar area and the complete ambience!

xoxo
Karena
Feature: Decorate Fearlessly