photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, April 28, 2014

Color Crush: White Out

{A Classic White House by Andrew Skurman}

As much as I adore color, I find contrast to be of equal if not greater importance in both design and fashion. Lately, I have been all about paring things down, doing away with the fuss, and keeping things as classic and chic as possible. What better way is there to achieve this than with the purest of hues, especially with summer just around the corner. My current color crush is white! I am all about a total white out in interiors and fashion. While I don't think I would ever want to design a home completely void of color, there are ways to make the look completely warm and inviting as opposed to cold and sterile. 



{Kelly Wearstler's Beverly Hills Home as featured in Lonny}
{A Modern Colonial Home by James Schettino Architects}

{A Stunning White Fireplace via House Beautiful}

{Luis Bustamante's Uber-Chic, White Apartment in Madrid via ELLE DECOR}

{A Gilded Frame and White Upholstery Create a Striking Contrast on this Louis XVI Chair}

{I love the idea of high-gloss white floors and millwork for a cottage or beach house.}

{David Jimenez's Crisp, All-White Bathroom}

{A Chic White Kitchen with a Coastal Vibe by Mona Hajj}

{I adore this glamorous, all-white bathroom by Timothy Whealon.}

{A Chic, Warm White Living Room by Victoria Hagan}

{The contrast between the white subway tile backsplash and carrara marble slab above the range in this kitchen is fantastic. Love it!}

{A Great-Fitting White Blazer from a Past Emerson Fry Collection}

{I love this perfect white dress from Emerson Fry's current collection.}

{Every girl needs a great white tee and slim-fitting white pant for summer.}

{I love this sweet eyelet dress worn by the Duchess of Cambridge during her visit to Australia. | Image via InStyle}

{The beautiful Jean Shrimpton in an all-white outfit that was just as chic in the 1960s as it is today.}

{Filmmaker Maggie Betts in an Uber-Stylish White Dress via ELLE}

{Julia Roberts-- Beautiful in White from Head to Toe via WSJ.com}


{Blogger Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller in a Crisp White Shirtdress}


{Blogger Tuula Vintage in a Pretty, White Lace Skirt via OOTD Magazine}

{White MiH Flare Leg Jeans with an Oversized White Blouse}


{A Darling White Summer Dress}











3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. Such a beautiful photos and a lots of inspiration. Just gorgeous.


Fabulous 30s

Olivia @ Lacquered Life said...

What a wonderful round up of all white interiors. I'm with you, I love love all white. Hence my kitchen ;) xx

Tropical Life Style said...

Why so white? I’m in love, and I can’t take my eyes in every style in this post! I love everything here Paloma, most especially the modern colonial home. The photos remind me of my new cabin, which I think the entire year what design it could be! Stunning!

Sebastian Chuter