photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Style Spotting: Chintz Reimagined

Hi La Dolce Vita readers, it's Lindsay from The Pursuit of Style back with this month's edition of Style Spotting. I have to confess that while I was writing this post all I could think about was Miranda Priestly saying unimpressed: "Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking." Anyone else remember that scene in The Devil Wears Prada? Florals might be a perennial springtime favorite in fashion, but after being played out in the 80s, chintz has only recently made a comeback in interiors. Reinterpreted in vibrant colors and mixed with modern pieces, chintz can be very chic--just look at the homes of Cath Kidston and Michelle Adams below!
Style Spotting | The Pursuit of Style
Style Spotting | The Pursuit of Style
If you're looking to add some chintz to your home or wardrobe, there are options a-plenty but below are a few of my favorites. Schumacher's Pyne Hollyhock (far right) is the fabric Michelle Adams expertly mixed with leopard x-benches in her bedroom. Don't be afraid to employ the same mix and match method in your wardrobe. This Tibi blazer would look amazing with a breton stripe tee and white jeans.
I know the look isn't for everyone, so I'd love to know what you think. Are you feeling the flower power or is this one trend you wish hadn't come back around?

5 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

I have about 25 pounds to lose before I can wear floral pants lol

Jen said...

@Cara haha I would love to wear them as well but everytime I try them on I look like a floral sausage... :)

LifeLoveLuxe said...

Ah, reminds me of the 1980's Laura Ashley craze! Thankfully, these are much more elegant for 2013. Really cute ballet flats!

www.lifeloveandluxury.com

Unknown said...

I am so girly...so I am totally into this trend! Bring on the florals!!

Over The Moon

mikky said...

Oh I love all of these pieces. Especially the blue floral blazer.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com