photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Favorite Room: Caitlin Flemming

Thank you Paloma for having me as a guest to share my favorite room. It's tricky to pick one part of our studio apartment as my favorite because we essentially live in one room, but I have to say, I am currently loving our living room area. It's the part of our apartment that we don't end up using all too much, but since I now work from home, I find it as the place I want to sit and read at night or cuddle up on to read magazine and drink a cup of tea.
Another reason I love our living room is because it's constantly evolving. I'm always rotating the art above the couch, changing out the coffee table books, even changing the coffee table. It's a fun way to feel refreshed without changing large pieces in my home.
A living room is also the place where family and friends gather when they come over - there are so many memories that have been made around this space.
Lastly, I think it's important to have pieces that have meaning and stories behind them in your living room. We have treasures we've picked up around the world - a cross from Santa Fe, metal hearts that have our vows inside them and then Polaroid’s from trips or parties we've hosted (friends love looking through them). It's a fun way for them to get to know us better and a great conversation starter!
I hope you've enjoyed this little peek into our living room, and thank you Paloma for having me! If you want to see more of our space please pop over to Sacramento Street! Photo by Caitlin Flemming

8 comments:

the chic addict said...

So beautiful! This is great inspiration, as I just moved and am trying to do some decorating.

http://thechicaddict.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful space, I love how all of the neutrals create such a serene place.

Unknown said...

the elephant sealed the deal for me!

Caitlin said...

Thank you so much for having me Paloma! It's always a treat to be featured on your amazing blog.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful space! I love the neutral colors and details!

xo,
Caroline
www.lcbstyle.com

Heather Christo said...

Love that ombre throw and the metallic detail on the pillow!

Liv said...

i love the geometry on your wall art!

Rosebud said...

Any idea where I can find a similar coffee table(s)? Thanks!