photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Get the Look: Abstract Art and Glamorous Gold

Hi LDV readers! Arianna of Arianna Belle here, back with another 'Get the Look' post.



This living room space has showed up a couple of times on my Pinterest feed and every time I see it, I'm drawn to it all over again. The mix of blues, bright coral red and gold is upbeat and energizing, yet because the walls, sofa and coffee table are kept neutral, the colors in the space overall don't feel too overwhelming. The artwork, which the pillows tie in nicely to, has beautiful visual flow and movement. The gold accessories bring in an always welcome touch of glam, and the furry throw adds soft texture and coziness. Here's a round-up of pieces that can help you achieve a similar look:





1- art print , 2- gold wishbone, 3- gold feather, 4- sofa, 5- velvet gold pillow, 6- light blue ikat pillow, 7- velvet bright coral red pillow, 8- faux sheepskin, 9- white tray, 10- gold urchins, 11- coffee table



top image source: cozamia

8 comments:

MeganPena said...

Do you profile artists work on this site? I'd love to show you my paintings!
www.artbymegan.com

Karena said...

Hi Arianna,
Great take on this fabulous room! Love the art!

All the Best in the Year Ahead!
Karena
Art by Karena

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I have that same image pinned myself. Happy New Year!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

I love this look as well! I can't wait to check out the print, I've been searching for something like that for our living room.

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love that print! I have it in my office, but in a black frame. I'm a little envious of how great it looks in gold!

The Design Daredevil said...

Pretty much die for Nancy's prints and thanks for sharing that fab coffee table. It's perfect!

Nanette Baker said...

Thank you for introducing me to this artist -- love her work!

Kristina said...

I love this look! I'm obsessed with that tray, I might need to make a trip to CB2 this weekend...

Just started following your blog!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets