photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Scenes from My Week in New York

IMG_7220

{When I first arrived, I was on-set at this gorgeous home in Bridgehampton filming a project for work. Isn’t this backyard stunning?}

On Wednesday, I returned to the daily grind after spending a full week working and playing in New York. I had a fabulous time in the city, visiting new places as well as old favorites and spending time with friends, new and old who inspire me beyond measure. I returned home feeling reenergized and invigorated, ready to take on the world! I am also a little proud of the fact that I made it in New York for a full week completely on my own and had a damn good time doing it. For now, I’ll leave you with some scenes from my time in New York and I’ll be back next week with lots of photos and details from my time at the New York International Gift Show.

image

{We dreamed up a fun project at Visual Comfort featuring Stephen Fanuka, the Million Dollar Contractor from HGTV and interior designer, Eric Cohler. I’ll share more details on this soon. I had such a blast at this shoot and learned so much from the incredibly talented production team.}

IMG_7233

{A shot of the kitchen in the beautiful home we shot in. It is seriously a dream home. I lost count of the number of bedrooms!}

IMG_7230

{How fabulous is the breakfast room? Notice the Lucite legs on the built-in banquette. Eric Cohler did a phenomenal job of designing this home.}

P1090114

{Because the shoot dates were set after I had booked my travel for the Gift Show, I stayed in two different hotels last week. I spent the first couple of nights of my trip at the Thompson Hotel on the Lower East Side. The hotel was super sexy with dark woods and high-gloss finishes. The neighborhood was fun, though I’m not sure that I really fit in on the LES. During the rest of my trip, I stayed at The Roger, (pictured above) a newly revamped boutique hotel in midtown which was convenient to the Gift Show at Javits. The lobby was fabulous! I love all of the design elements here. I want this same color grasscloth in my home and I’d love the gorgeous chevron floors as well. My room was a little on the small side (but it’s New York!) and the walls are thin so I heard everything in the hallway and neighboring rooms. I was awakened to the sounds of Little Richard’s “Tootie Fruitie” one morning—not good! Other than that, it was a fine stay. The staff is helpful and the location is very central.}

P1090119

{Walking in the Neighborhood near my Hotel}

photo[1]

{I was excited to finally visit C.Wonder. It’s a beautifully-curated store with some real gems. The dressing rooms each have a set of controls where you can choose the level of lighting and the type of music you want to hear—a very cool feature.}

photo[1]

{I visited the stunning Bisazza showroom in Soho.}

P1090198

{I have SO much to share from the Gift Show. I was thrilled to be able to see my dear friend Coco in her fabulous COCOCOZY booth!}

P1090191

{Banquet is a lovely stationery atelier from Vancouver. I love these prints so much!}

matchbook party

{On Monday, I attended a party at Dempsey & Carroll hosted by Matchbook Magazine. Afterward, I had dinner with the lovely Katie from Matchbook and The Neo-Traditionalist and Ashlina of The Decorista. I am so happy that I was also able to spend some time with Jen of Made by Girl, Emily of Armonia Decors, Melanie of The Entrepreneuress Academy, Stacy of Quintessence (she took this photo), and my chic friends Mark Sikes and Jon Call while I was in the city. I adore each of these people! They are so fun and inspiring.

Ok kids, have a wonderful weekend! I’ll have plenty more in store for you on Monday.

XO,

Paloma

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like such an amazing time! Can't wait to hear the details :) LOVE NYC.

carolyn bradford said...

This was fabulous! Loved the house for the shoot! Ours is similar but this sure makes me want to give my back yard a fresh look! Love the pool area! Love, love, love the chevron floors and grass cloth in your second hotel! Also, what fun to see the actual people behind the blogs we love to read! I never realized that Cococozy was actually a line at market that I might could carry! That's exciting! I'm checking it out immediately! Would love for you to share some ideas for more stationary lines or fun gifts for Christmas for shops to carry! If you know of any I would love some tips! Thanks for sharing this fun post!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like some pretty nice week :)
Loved the Roger, really lovely bar, and yes, backyard is stunning :)

I love your blog, btw.

K.

Matters of Style said...

Love all of your pics! Glad you had a great trip!

Doug Davis said...

Glad to know about The Roger...I can't deal with the rooms at The Ace but like that general part of town to stay for Market sometimes. Good to have another option.

Hamptons looks amazing, I'm jealous. Was there a year ago right now and wishing I was again!

mark d. sikes said...

I ADORE YOU! MARK D. SIKES

Dawna Jones Design said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am so in love with the 70's light fixture in the lobby of your hotel,I couldn't get past it to see the rest of the pictures Lol!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing ttrip!