photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Glamour Obsession: Brunette for Fall

Hi LDV Readers!!!  It's Vanessa Stern from Vanessa & Valentine!!!  I'm counting down the days till this insane Summer heat goes away and I am longing for crisp Fall weather.  It got me thinking how I became just too lazy during this pregnancy to keep up my highlighted hair, instead opting just to color my dark roots a deep brunette color, giving me a more natural color with darker roots and lighter ends, resulting in an ombre effect.  It's hard to go dark, when you've been light for so long, but I'm pretty over the "over-processed" fake look , instead finding myself embracing my dark roots.
 
Here are some rich brunette colors that I am swooning over and contemplating trying this Fall....  
Frankie Rayder's subtle highlights and honey brown hair is my all time favorite! It's so natural, yet has just enough sun kissed highlights to turn heads!  I also think she's just a cool chick because she's married to Flea from the Chili Peppers.
I love how this darker brown color works with such a great cut!  The side swept layered bang is adorable and totally chic at the same time!
Simple, natural, easy, this brunette is a classic!

Olivia hands down has the best hair ever!!!  I am obsessed with the length and color, utter perfection!

This ombre brown is also quite stunning!  I love the golden warmth this brown gives to her complexion.
Penelope Cruz is one of my favorite dark brunettes!  The darker the shade the better on her!  Makes me really want to embrace my roots!
Rose Byrne's hair color has really been catching my eye lately.  I love this dark bob with the beautiful auburn highlights peeking through.  She's got great hair!
I love this chick's long one length hairstyle!  It's so easy breezy and she just looks cool and natural, not trying too hard.
Rich, dark, with a lot of layers....again, I totally love this color!  What do you think?  Would you embrace the trend of going darker this Fall???
See you next time and check out more of my favorite hairstyles here!
Xo,
Vanessa
 
P.S. This is Paloma here! Our friends at Laura U are relaunching their website today featuring their online store, interior design portfolio, blog, and Laura U magazine. Be sure to pay them a visit for a dose of style!
Debuting_Laurau.com_Version_2.0[1]

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm thinking of going dark this winter

Closet Cravings said...

Beautiful shades of brunette. I especially love the last photo. It's funny how spring/summer always makes everyone long for lighter locks, while fall/winter makes everyone crave warmer, darker hair. =)
Satisfy Your Cravings For Celebrity Style and All Things Stylish and Sweet

Anonymous said...

yes yes...come over to the dark side!! I would love to have Lily Aldridge's colorist!!! So pretty! xo

Brooke said...

These photos have convinced me -- I'm going back to brunette. Perhaps I am swayed too easily?

Sara said...

I did last week! I know it's a bit early, but I was so tired of constantly getting my hair done to maintain the blonde. I naturally have really dark hair anyway...so I just went for it. Mine turned out a lot like the last picture.

Bettina said...

Love the beautiful volume in all of these photos! Simply stunning!

Unknown said...

Love love love gorgeous brunette hair. When it's healthy, it catches the light so well and looks glossy and radiant.

Christina-Lauren
Inspirations & CELEBRATIONS
http://inspirationsandcelebrations.net

Deana said...

I love the rich dark chocolate brown of the last picture. Even though I already have dark brown it makes me want to kick it up a knotch with a richer hue.

Dawna Jones Design said...

I have been dark (my natural color for years now and I love it,would never go blond again! I only have to get root touch ups every 3 months. And I have dark chocolate brown with undertones and highlights of auburn. So sexy!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

Kat said...

Love the first picture!!