photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, June 25, 2012

Modern New England Style by Tiffany Eastman

{Classic Details meet Modern Touches in this Vignette by Tiffany Eastman Interiors}

It’s no secret that decorating styles can be regional. While it’s possible to find a California Modern or Spanish-inspired home in New England, and a French/Southern-infused home on the West Coast, there are certainly trends and looks that tend to “stick” in some regions over others. One of my favorite styles is that perfect breed of Modern-meets-Traditional style that New England designers like Steven Gambrel, Philip Gorrivan, and Christina Murphy have mastered so brilliantly.

I recently came across Stamford, Connecticut designer, Tiffany Eastman’s work through a blog post on House of Turquoise which made me want to see more of her portfolio right away. What I found were homes whose design is rooted in classic silhouettes, met with a healthy dose of modern touches like Lucite furniture, graphic rugs and fabrics, modern seating, and exuberant details. This house, the Darien Residence, particularly caught my attention. Eastman did a spectacular job decorating this home. It feels polished and pedigreed, yet it has a vibrant, modern, sophisticated, young energy that I absolutely love.

{In the living room, a French settee upholstered in color-blocked fabric comingles with a fabulous, oversized Lucite cocktail table and velvet couch with nailhead detail.}

{Lovely Details Atop the Cocktail Table}

{This was the photo that piqued my interest on House of Turquoise. Have you seen a more fabulous breakfast room? Chippendale chairs, turquoise velvet upholstery, a tufted sofa, and a Tulip table with a hammered chrome base? Yes, yes, and yes!}

{The kitchen has all of the classic elements we have come to expect from a home of this caliber: custom white cabinetry, classic hardware and lighting, a farm sink, bridge faucet, and loads of carrara marble. The python-covered stool add a fun and unexpected touch.}

{It looks like this is the family room just off of the kitchen and breakfast room. Eastman has continued the chocolate and turquoise palette into this space, making for a cohesive look. Remember when this color combination was EVERYWHERE about six years ago? Well, this room makes me happy to see it again and dare I say, I’ve never seen it look this good.}

{I’m in love with this powder room. Eastman opted for a classic wash basin and plumbing fixtures along with a Chinoiserie-inspired mirror, but added modern touches through the graphic tile work, light fixture, and wallpaper. The result has such strong visual impact.}

{The dining room feels modern and sophisticated and how could it not with such gorgeous silver leaf adorning the ceiling and the painterly rug underfoot?}

{The study takes a decidedly more masculine turn with deep wood tones and a handsome, tufted leather sofa. I think it’s great that Eastman managed to sneak a little python and zebra into the gentleman of the house’s study!}

{I love this chair and the lamp. I am inclined to think this chair may be Ralph Lauren. We have some very similar Ralph Lauren chairs at work, in saddle leather upholstery.}

{Things take on a very soothing and feminine look in the master bedroom. It is a beautiful respite. I love the metallic pillows on the bed.}

{In the dressing room, Eastman pairs a vanity by Barbara Barry with a decidedly modern chair and abstract painting. Very glamorous!}

{A Classic Bathtub meets a Modern Mohair Stool in the Master Bath}

{Like in the kitchen, Eastman and her clients opted for classic fixtures and materials in the master bath, pairing them with modern items like the mohair stool, Lucite chair, and Imperial Trellis wallpaper for a fun twist.}

{Isn’t this a stylish kid’s bedroom? Take away the bookshelf lined with toys and this could easily be an adult’s room. I love the bed.}

{The little girl of the home must have inherited her mother’s penchant for glamour judging by the beautiful bedroom Eastman created for her!}

 

{Image Source: Tiffany Eastman Interiors}

12 comments:

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Owow, 50 shades of gray never felt so dang chic! Love how light and airy the space feels...a touch of mirror adds the perfect dosage of glam! Turnkey ready, so beautiful and serene!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Yolonda | Style Fragment said...

I'm in love with ths place! Plus, I've been obsessing over gray interios...so warm and inviting. My favorite is the breakfast room! But I'm partial because I love, love, love Chippendale chairs.

Amanda said...

I first saw her on The Lennox blog and literally my jaw just dropped- her style is so fresh & classic with that pop of modern that keeps the room from being stale. I hadn't seen the one with the tulip table & chip. chairs thanks for sharing!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Happy summer! I absolutely love it! Very chic! I loved keeping up with your blog! Love, Jamie Herzlinger

Chelsea said...

WOW what beautiful spaces! I'm in love.. Great mix of traditional + modern!

Sentrell said...

I absolutely love this home! It's perfect. The breakfast room is gorgeous. I would never want to leave!

martinealison said...

Un très bel intérieur...
Merci pour l'ensemble de vos merveilleuses photos.

Gros bisous à vous...

Kellie Collis said...

Can I just say stunning home?! Love those ghost tables and chairs. Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Absolutely stunning! These spaces are so fresh and modern.

-thesuitelifedesigns.wordpress.com

Sarah Hulbert Style said...

Some of the texture layering here is genius. I've been in the market for a great lucite coffee table, and something like the one in the second pic may just fit the bill. Thanks for posting!!! ~Sarah

Marisa/Stylebeat said...

She is seriously good. Not sure I could live with that many Hicksian floors!
x Marisa Stylebeat

Kate at KMericks said...

Chatted about you on my blog today! http://www.kmericks.com/2014/04/08/how-to-hang-pictures-art-part-2/