photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Masculine Glamour by Ron Marvin

ron marvin

{Fabulous Living Room designed by Ron Marvin}

I have loved the work of New York-based designer, Ron Marvin since first coming across his fabulous, tiny apartment on Apartment Therapy back in 2008. Since then, his inspiring work has appeared in multiple publications, most recently in the June/July 2012 issue of Lonny, which features a stunning apartment he designed for a male client in the city. His client was so thrilled with the way Ron decorated his apartment a few years ago that he asked him to return and freshen things up a second time! For a fun before and after, you can see what his client’s Murray Hill apartment looked like after the first time Ron decorated it here and compare it to the “after” shown in this post. I have always loved the tailored sophistication of Ron’s work and really identify with his style which mixes a crisp, masculine aesthetic with a touch of glamour and this space is no exception. The subtle, sexy palette of various hues of grey is the perfect canvas for all of the chic details that fill each room.ron marvin2

{A custom-designed sofa swathed in grey velvet, a pair of vintage mercury glass lamps, and a black and white abstract painting make for a sumptuous setting in the living room.}

ron marvin3

{Lucite, glass, and burlwood add a sense of luxury and light to the room. I am obsessed with the coffee table and really love the clean, modern lines of the glass fireplace screen.}ron marvin4

{A Close-Up of the Fireplace}

ron marvin5

{The dining room is so tailored and chic. I love the glossy finish on the floors as well as the fabulous Greek key rug. Ron has fantastic taste in lighting. He opted for the RL ‘67 Boom Arm Lamp by Ralph Lauren atop the buffet and the Large Bryant Chandelier by Thomas O’Brien for Visual Comfort & Co. above the dining table.}

ron marvin6

{I also happen to love the vintage column lamp on the left which looks amazing with the black shade. The black and white photography adds such a level of personality to the home.}ron marvin8

{Isn’t the bedroom a gorgeous respite? I love the crisp, tailored look along with the wall color. I’m actually in the market for new bedding and this has just gone to the top of my list! I have never seen the Medium Morris Lantern by Suzanne Kasler for Visual Comfort & Co. hung in a bedroom, but I must say, I love the touch of glamour it adds.}

ron marvin7

{This lovely vignette brings in a little more glitz through the brass Porter Lamp by Thomas O’Brien for Visual Comfort & Co.  which looks very cool with the black shade Ron added.}

ron marvin9

{Thoughtful details and interesting artwork can be found throughout the apartment. The gentleman in the drawing is totally channeling Don Draper, isn’t he? I also love the white plaster Giacometti lamp. I hope to own one someday!}

 

{Image Credit: Patrick Cline for Lonny}

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the kind words and the great piece! I'm glad you like my work and are sharing it with your readers.

Best,

ron marvin

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

This apartment is just above and beyond. The couch is my favorite part- so sleek yet also glam. I think I want to pin every single image!

JOSÉ PEDRO RODRIGUES/ APARTMENT 312 said...

I love everything from the details in gold, the geometric patterns! Black is a color that I love! Do not bother me to go to live there :D
kisses Zé Pedro

Unknown said...

I am redecorating my place..so I am looking for some inspiration. This place is beyond!

upperclasslife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE this place! And I absolutely LOVE this blog!!!

upperclasslife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE this place! And I absolutely LOVE this blog!!!

upperclasslife.blogspot.com

Jamie Herzlinger said...

I am in love with the painting in the living room! I would love that in my home!

Love, Jamie Herzlinger

Unknown said...

I love that dining room and the dark floors, and the lucite coffee table. That is a beautiful home that I could live in, albeit a bit masculine..who cares if it's great design!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Bedroom Curtains said...

Hello
Excellent points altogether, right on the spot. You just gained a brand new reader!

susan said...

Loved this apartment!! I also loved the color of the bedroom. Ron, can you share the color name and brand?

Thanks!