photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, May 7, 2012

Top it Off

Pinned Image

{This look is as basic and as chic as can be, thanks to a fabulous, great-fitting blazer.}

For those of you who live in more temperate climates—it’s already getting close to 90 degrees in Houston and we are barely into the month of May—blazers are the perfect way to finish off an outfit. They can take even the most basic ensemble—jeans and a t-shirt for instance, from plain to polished and chic in no time.Whether you prefer basic black or you opt for adding color to your ensemble through a fashionable blazer, the ways of incorporating this chic must-have into your wardrobe are limitless.

Pinned Image

{Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere adds a bright pop of color with a yellow blazer.}

Pinned Image

{Helena from Brooklyn Blonde tops off a classic combination with a bright pink blazer.}

Pinned Image

{A chic denim blazer, grey tee, and cropped white jeans may just be the perfect combination for spring and summer.}

Pinned Image

{Gossip Girl’s Serena van der Wudsen, played by Blake Lively has one of the most covetable wardrobes on television. Here, she gets ultra-glam with a gold metallic jacket.}

Pinned Image

{If anyone can rock a stylish blazer with a layered look, it is style maven and fashion icon, Marissa Webb.}

{Speaking of style icons, Olivia Palermo pairs a white blazer with some fabulous accessories while on a trip in Ireland.}

 

Which of these looks do you like the most? What is your favorite way to wear a blazer?

10 comments:

ally (the ruffled lace) said...

this is a chic post! xxx
http://theruffledlace.blogspot.ca/

FrenchLacing said...

I love the Blake Lively jacket!! She can do no wrong!!

I have a couple lightweight sculpted but still flowy jackets I love to wear, or a cropped tuxedo jacket I got at Target (of all places) that fits perfectly, and I seem to always have the sleeves rolled up so I can wear fun bracelets!!

Amy said...

I absolutely love the first image. Emmanuelle Alt - would be my guess?

At any rate, I love the look of a clean white blazer (although sometimes, I end up looking like a waiter), or for that matter, a blazer. It's the perfect mix of structure - especially when I pair it with a flowy dress or something very feminine.

Elsa de Diego said...

Great post! Actually, nothing more elegant and chic than a perfectly-taylored blazer. I adore #1. When it comes to blazers, I prefer classic colors: black, white, navy, brown...Bright colors are great, but not for me! xoxo

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love a good blazer! They add such a chic, tailored element to an outfit and are perfect for day to night. Love the inspiration here!

XOXO,

Sam

mikky said...

That first photo is one of my favorites too. I still kick myself for not buying one of the great white blazers from zara last year.
Don`t really have a fav way to wear blazers, have a ton in my closet thought!
:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I love a nice-fitting blazer.... a closet staple. My favorite look is the classic navy blazer.

Tanja Ayesha said...

Blazers are a must have in any wardrobe. I love the white crips ones for spring and summer. So cool. I got a white one from Mango today - so cute
http://Tanyesha.blogspot.com
http://a-touch-of-luxe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I sport a blazer almost daily...must have in my closet! And yes, it's pretty hot here in Houston!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Unknown said...

Blazers are a part of my daily wardrobe...a must have in my closet. And yes it's getting hot here in Houton.

www.donnaviningblog.com