photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Global Architecture: Greek Style

http://helpothersfindyourself.blogspot.com
Hello LDV readers! Brendan here of (BAD) Blog About Design. Greece has some of the most stunning architecture in the world. From the ancient Parthenon to the modern structures of today, Greece is a majestic country. The mountainous terrain, and the clear blue water are reasons why people are so attracted to this country. The architecture of ancient Greece is of a "post and lintel" form. The architecture of modern Greece is both Neoclassical and Western inspired. (ABOVE) Architecture in Greece uses the colors blue and white, I love how these colors work with the natural surroundings. The use of Domes, are common architectural elements found in Greek architecture. (BELOW 1) This photograph is taken in Varlaam, Greece, I find it amazing how the structure is built into the rock. (BELOW 2) The Temple of Athena is a perfect example of "post and lintel" as well as ancient Greek architecture. Which structure is your favorite?
http://www.free-desktop-backgrounds.net 1
http://www.fransite.net 2
The Fashion: For the looks above, I was inspired by both classic Greek and modern inspired pieces. The Raoul gown reminds me of a classic Greek piece. It's clean, and the blue color is so relaxing! The Dannijo necklace reminds me of a modern Greek piece.  I love the subtle touch of color and the simple chain. Sandals are a perfect shoe while in Greece. I love these Matt Bernson sandals. Which piece is your favorite?
http://beautifulplacestovisit.com 3
(ABOVE 3) I fell in love with this balcony in Santorini, Greece. How could you not want to soak in that beautiful Greek sun and view while eating some delicious looking fruits? (THE DESIGN PIECES) For the above pieces I was inspired by the classic Greek key design. The 19th Century Terra Cotta jar is from Fireside Antiques. I love this piece in an outdoor garden! The Stiffle Lamps are from Converso. These lamps would look great in an entry foyer. The Mastercraft table is from Galleria d'Epoca. I love the Greek design. Which piece is your favorite?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post with amazing photos of Greece! Thank you :)

www.bungalow1a.blogspot.com

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

My jaw dropped at that amazing greek key table and I once bought a calender filled with Greek architecture. I made the last photo of the fruit & tables as my computer's wallpaper.

Eleni Kalamp said...

Great post!!!kisses from thens, Greece

Decofairy said...

As a Greek, I would like to thank you both, for this post...
Ευχαριστώ :)

Lalli's taste said...

I love Greece at all!
I've been 5 years ago and I had a beautiful trip!
Love your fashion choices inspired by old Greece!

follow my blog:
http://lallistaste.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting people know how gorgeous Greece is!!!!!

Kisses from Greece!