photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Glamour Obsession: Chic Maternity Style

{I utterly adore this ensemble!!!  How beyond fabulous is the leopard skirt, striped tee, blazer, and clutch??? Totally going to recreate this look!!!}
Hi LDV Readers!  Vanessa Stern from Vanessa & Valentine! I have exciting news to share with all of you...I am 5 months pregnant with a baby girl and I couldn't be happier! My little boy Barron will soon have a little sissy to play with come September!  I'm not yet in maternity clothes, but it's got me thinking, I need some new pregnancy styles to keep up with my expanding body.  Since I'm a working mom, where I have many client meetings during the day, my wardrobe really has to transition from the office to the weekends.  I made a promise to myself before I had my first baby, to not become "dumpy mom" who doesn't care how I look.  I can honestly say I feel so much better and more confident when I put a little extra effort styling my hair, accessorizing a fun outfit, and wearing a little makeup which definitely applies even more when I'm pregnant.  So here's what's inspiring me...         
This could definitely work for casual Fridays in the office, especially now that we are in Spring.  A little heel does wonders for your posture when you are pregnant, and makes anything look more stylish, but add a little faux fur vest and you are ready to go!!!  This is perfect for the weekends too, with the addition of a little brown sandal.
Bohemian Glam Mama!!!  I love a flowy dress when the weather starts heating up and nothing gets more comfy than this!
This is the most adorable LBD!!!  How beyond pretty is this Mama???  I love the simple gold bangles and the big hat!  Perfect for a summer day or night!
I want this little striped dress!  It's so chic paired with a bun for lounging in the sun.  Throw on some leggings and a pair of flats and you are ready to go!
I love this red dress!  This gal is totally adorable, I want this whole outfit!
Another smart way to wear stripes while pregnant!  Pair with some skinny jeans and navy blazer and of course, some fab accessories!  This Mama gets it right!  I want this look for the office!
Skinny Minny Mama in polka dots!  Perfect with the fedora!
Okay where can I get this sparkly top???  I love the creamy colors paired with a cozy cardigan.
Miranda Kerr looks amazing in a pair of dark skinnies and blazer!
The perfect oversized tee and cardigan with leggings.  This is so easy to pull off and still incredibly comfy!  I am loving her up do too!
Preppy Mama in her white jeans and red cardi!  I love how simple and easy this looks and can transition with other pieces in your wardrobe.  Maternity clothes never looked so good!!!
Images via Pinterest and follow me here

13 comments:

kristin said...

I love these pics! I am always trying to find fashionable maternity clothes and it is a DAILY STRUGGLE! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ordinette said...

Great outfits! When I was expecting I tried to look as nice as possible, but never as the women on the pictures. If I ever plan to have a second kid, this post will be my inspirational source!!!!!! Stripes and blazers are my superfavorite!
thanks
Laura

Christina Elaine said...

Love the last photo.... pregnancy style is so much fun to play around with...

xx
CEO

Anonymous said...

OMG, these pics are adorable! Congrats on the baby girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos and inspirational style, but I really wish you had provided actual sources for the photos. Pinterest is great for browsing, but it is not a photos source and does a disservice to the owners of the photo.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Lovely! I really hope I look half that good when I'm pregnant!

Chelsea Valentine said...

I love all of these looks!

MissMonet said...

how awesome. a whole post on maternity style and not one practical tip or link....

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Awww...I miss being pregnant, although I didn't look half as chic as these ladies!

Paula said...

Great roundup! For more maternity style inspiration visit our site treschicmama(dot)com!

It's your one-stop destination for all things CHIC while preggo!

xoxo, Paula

Mini Piccolini said...

Ugh - maternity style is such a challenge!
I'm trying to get a handle on it this week: http://minipiccolini.com/category/theme-weeks/pregnancy-style-wek/

Cotton Bags said...

Nice post! I liked the way you get to the point - which is always useful. Most blogs are a bit too verbose for me, this one fits nicely. Cheers!

Unknown said...

All of these outfits are completely adorable! I especially love the two outfits with stripes on them. Stripes are my favorite any day, and any time of year. One of my friends wore stripes every single day of her pregnancy, because she said it helped her feel slender, or as slender as one can feel while pregnant. I've never seen her in any outfit that didn't make her look trim and trendy though. She always looks so good.

Pregnancy Management Utah