photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, May 11, 2012

Fabulous Room Friday 05.11.12

image

While browsing Thom Filicia’s website this morning, I noticed he had added a couple of new projects to his portfolio including a sprawling Greenwich home in which this study is housed. It was the deep, melancholic blue hue that first drew me in. The fact that Filicia has layered the room with vibrant, ethnic fabrics—on the sofa, the floor, and the window, really adds depth and interest. This home is a classic, very large traditional style home, but the irreverent eclecticism used by Filicia to decorate a space as formal as the study is completely refreshing.

What are your thoughts on the blue walls? Do you like the idea of taking a completely traditional home and decorating it in a completely unexpected way? Happy weekend!

15 comments:

Dovecote Decor said...

Absolutely I would paint that blue on the walls. Love how its studiously undecorated!
Best,
Liz

Prippy Handbook said...

This room is stunning. I don't know if I personally would have the courage to paint old dark wood, but this is done exquisitely well.

Casa Très Chic said...

This room is fabulous, its color is perfect.
Hugs
Tereza

Erin said...

Such a vibrant but cozy color. I can very easliy see myself curled up on that couch reading a book!

http://leeanderin.blogspot.com/

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

I love the color on the walls, but my couch wouldn't be the same color. I think I'd go with a pop of color for the couch.

Lisa x

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love the drama of the color and vibrancy of this room! Another stunner. Have a great weekend, love!

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Yolonda said...

Love the blue! And because I love pink, I would add bright/hot pink pillows

mikky said...

I love it. The blues are so deliciously rich. I think the room looks fantastic and if I`d want to change it up a bit all I`d do was change out the sofa cushions, table accessories and the brown wooden chairs. I think those walls and that sofa and artwork could look great with any number of styles. Really pretty. Great find.
:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

lamb and blonde said...

Gorgeous! I love the deep blue colour and the rich mix of decor. That white lamp really pops against the deep blue.

Beautifulosophy said...

I love this blue room! It works so well. I did a post a couple of months ago on the Blue bar at The Berkely hotel in London. That Blue bar is just amazing!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I adore the blue walls..... especially in the glossy finish. ...so rich and cozy. I love the tone on tone furnishings too.

from Katie- said...

This peacock blue has become one of my favorites, but in small doses. I like a dark, more mysterious study and the modern decor against the formal backdrop. It doesn't get much better than that to keep things fresh!

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

what gorgeous shades of blue!

Taryn said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING ROOM! Looks lovely :)