photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, August 8, 2011

Seventies Glam with a Twist

Over the weekend, I came across these images on Pinterest. The home belongs to stylist, Sasha Seymour and was recently featured in a spread in Canadian House and Home and the sight of this incredible kitchen stopped me right in my tracks. For the love of gold, how amazing is that brass hardware? This has to be my favorite use of hardware in recent memory. On top of that, the kitchen has a beautiful, built-in fireplace, loads of subway tile and beautifully-fabricated carrera marble…take a look at those edges. As if all of that weren’t enough, the lucky homeowner and her cute pup have gorgeous chevron floors perch on. Are you ready for this? It turns out that the cabinets are from Ikea and Sasha personalized them by adding the brass pull hardware!

As I continued to pin photos, I was able to find a few more images of this amazing home. I love that there is a use of classic elements with a little bit of a 70s glam edge.

{Be still my heart! Is it normal to get this excited about hardware? Surely, some people would find me certifiably insane for this, but the heart wants what it wants. Ha ha!}

{I love the 70’s “organic elegance meets rocker glam” look that is happening in the dining room. The painting is stunning, just like the beautiful chevron floors that seem to continue throughout the home.}

{The furnishings and rich colors and textures employed in the living area create a sumptuous vibe with an inviting quality.}

If you’re craving a little more of this gorgeous home, check out this video with Canadian House and Home’s Suzanne Dimma as she takes readers on a detailed tour of Sasha’s amazing home including some rooms that we haven’t already seen in this post.

12 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I love Canadian House and Home. It's one of my favorite magazines and I read it every month.

This house gets my attention. I'm not sure if I'd decorate like that, but I love many elements of it, especially that kitchen!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Karlita said...

wow! I want everything about that kitchen! wouldn't change a single thing!

Karena said...

Paloma, Sasha's home is gorgeous, I adore those herringbone floors!! Beautiful!

xoxo

Karena

Art by Karena

Unknown said...

Love those chairs, my parents rocked those when I was growing up! Wish they didn't get rid of them.

Of course the high-gloss cabinets with brass hardware, carrera marble and did you notice the ceiling fixture?? SOOO my thing. Love it!

Catherine said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing! The more I study the kitchen . . . the more I find that I love! Did she share any of the resources for the hardware?
Again, thank you for sharing -- this is a keeper!
Best,
Catherine
www.completelycatherine.com

Three Sisters said...

What great taste. I can honestly say that save for the coffee table and nesting tables, I'd probably dismiss every piece of furniture featured if I saw them standing alone but she brings them together beautifully and makes me crave the collection! Bravo!

Glamour Drops said...

One of the most beautiful kitchens I have seen in a long, long time. Just goes to show what you can do with Ikea kitchens and a bit of stylish imagination.

The whole home is beautiful - that 70s glam but it looks truly lived in.

Lily said...

This kitchen is my new favorite too ! I am seriously obsessed...cant believe the cabinets are from ikea, show that the hardware seriously makes the entire kitchen !! And the chevron floors...to die for !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Anonymous said...

that kitchen in the first picture is great!

Katherine Velie said...

Very glam! I love the brass hardware in the kitchen....absolutely love!

Katherine
antweak.blogspot.com

DD said...

Paloma, I know exactly what you are talking about! I get that feeling too, when I see something I want soo badly. It could be something as ridiculous as the Jonathan Adler gold banana bud vase that I finally just said "F*** it" and bought. Who cares! I want to surround myself in beauty in every form! That kitchen is amazinnnnggg by the way. I'm totally convinced about customizing Ikea cabinetry now. Lots of Love!

Nicole

Wives said...

ok could someone please find those lucite and brass drawer pulls for me - they are TDF. AHHHHHHHHH