photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kristen Buckingham’s New L.A. Showroom

You may recall the eclectic home of Kristen Buckingham and her husband, Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac fame from the January 2010 issue of ELLE DÉCOR. I know it’s been etched in my memory ever since. Her home is filled with so many amazing, unique details that it has managed to stand out among the many, many interiors I look at day in and day out.

A self-described aficionada of period-details, Kristen finds the 1920s homes of Los Angeles architect, Walter Neff (her own included) to be the ultimate design challenge. Kristen's aesthetic puts a subversive spin on otherwise traditional design elements. I love the way she marries pieces from various periods, design movements, and cultures to create a perfectly layered look. The result is very bohemian and feels very European. Ultimately, Kristen fuses the modern and traditional, looking to the past for inspiration while creating harmonious spaces that suit the needs of present-day families.

{The Buckingham's kitchen features a Murano glass chandelier from eBay, custom cabinetry painted in Benjamin Moore's Night Shade, and cement tile flooring from Mission Tile West. The large kitchen also features carrara marble counters and backsplash, an abundance of storage, and a large island, painted white with a butcher block top.}

{This room belongs to Kristen’s 10 year old son. The bedding was custom made using Clarence House fabric and the framed prints are pages from a vintage children's book.}

{I love the glamorous, traditional elements in Kristen’s dining room. It almost reminds me of a stately New Orleans home. How cute is that pup?}

{This lovely bathroom features a pair of the Carlyle Mirrors from Kristen’s line of furniture and accessories.}

{This boho study features the glamorous Porter Bookshelves, which are part of Kristen’s furniture line.}

{This spectacular dressing room feels very dreamy as a result of the antiqued mirrors, crystal chandeliers, and soft color palette.}

 

Kristen recently opened a showroom in Los Angeles’ vibrant La Cienega Design Quarter. The showroom features Kristen’s fantastic collection of custom furnishings, casegoods, upholstery, outdoor furnishings, mirrors, and lighting fixtures. It’s definitely on my list of places to visit when I head back to Los Angeles in the new year!

buckingham

{The high gloss black and turquoise door at the showroom is so inviting!}

buckingham2

{An amazing array of vintage finds and pieces designed by Kristen Buckingham coexist beautifully in her new showroom.}

buckingham3

{I love showrooms like Kristen’s because they carry an assortment of styles that appeal to a broad array of clients. She also understands the importance of layering fabrics, textures, patterns, and styles to create a chic, perfectly-cultivated look. Notice the fabulous Mr. Guy chair in the left corner of the photo. Love it!}

buckingham4

{I am particularly obsessed with Kristen’s amazing collection of outdoor furniture. Many of the pieces are shown here. The Laurent Etagere is easily the most gorgeous piece of furniture I’ve laid my eyes on in some time. Be sure to take a look at it on her website to get the full effect. It is beyond!}

buckingham6

{So many lovely pieces! The beauty of incorporating vintage and vintage-inspired furnishings into one’s home is that they not only add tons of character, but they don’t end up looking dated two years later. Check out the fabulous art on the walls!}

buckingham8

{Pieces from Kristen’s lovely outdoor collection comingle with glamorous crystal chandeliers in the front of the showroom.}

buckingham9

{Not only do I love the tufting on this sofa, I am also crazy about the dramatic mirror and amazing art on the wall in this vignette.}

 

{Images Courtesy of Kristen Buckingham and ELLE DÉCOR}

15 comments:

Down Comforter said...

Just recently I have come across your blog and I must say these houses make me speechless! The decor is beautiful! Thank you for sharing and making my day start with such great design!

Anonymous said...

I have loved Kristen's house since I first saw it in that Elle Decor feature. Her style is so refreshing. I live near L.A. and will definitely be making a trip into the city to visit her showroom. It looks amazing!

I Dream Of said...

Gorgeous! Love that dressing room...it would be hard not to feel pretty getting ready to go out in a space like that. Thanks for the beautiful post!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Absolutely spectacular!xx

The Iconic Blog.com said...

How/where can I buy those porter bookshelves? They are not on her site!x

Tammy@InStitches said...

You're right, that pup is so cute. The showroom is gorgeous too !

Carpe Diem said...

Yes, I remember seeing this home in ELLE Decor. It is lovely. I am especially in love with her kitchen. I have the dark wood going on in my kitchen also and in the near future...I plan on having marble installed on the counters and as a back splash.

Check out my first give away at
carpediembloggersm.blogspot.com

Sarah York said...

Gorgeous! I am going to have to dig out that issue of Elle Decor, because I don't remember her home... Her store looks fun to wander through, maybe next time I am in LA.

Captivated by image said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful interior, I am stunned= and always so amazed about more complex combinations, like in these images. Great sense of style and design, love it!

Elise Lowerison said...

This showroom is probably the best put together, eclectic, and colorful showroom I have ever seen. The colors really pop and the elegance is palpable. I came across your post this morning while browsing interior design blogs and your take on interior décor is exquisite. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

A Casa da Vá said...

Oh my... that is just too fabulous! Love the eclectic and chic look but I will resist the temptation to visit their showroom so I don't cause damage in my credit card! Love the Porter Bookshelves - wondering how much is it?

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful things. I really like the fabric on the Mr. Guy chair.

-Susan

Fay said...

Wow I love the first room and those fantastic table lamps also the dressing room Thankyou Fay xx

quintessence said...

Of course remember her fabulous home!! Showroom looks spectacular - too bad I'm not close enough to visit. I'm with Iconic Blog - interested in the fabulous Billy Balwin-esque porter bookshelves - thought it was someone else who carried them.

Unknown said...

I am looking into the Portero bookshelves for those of you who expressed interest and will get back to you with an update as soon as I have one. Thank you!

Merry Christmas! xo