photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 09.17.10

I love all of the details in this sunroom by Melanie Turner of Turner Davis Interiors in Atlanta. The room is part of the 40th Annual Atlanta Symphony Associates Decorators’ Show House & Gardens set in a stunning home in Buckhead’s Tuxedo Park. While some may argue that gilded sunburst mirrors are too trendy, I honestly think they’re a classic element, just like leopard print in fashion. It’s always going to be around, but it’s better in small doses. The massive scale of this mirror paired with the painted 1950s dresser and pagodas makes a bold statement that I happen to love. The pale pink drapes add an element of softness to the hard-edged surfaces in the room, like the slate flooring and exposed brick walls.

The room looks so beautiful bathed in so much natural light. Turner was inspired by fashion when she designed this room and it shows. The gold table is fantastic and unlike anything I’ve seen lately, which is rather refreshing. The base is evocative of gold bangles, isn’t it? The lines of the furniture are feminine and maintain a casual elegance. Not only is this room beautiful, it’s also rather inviting.

 

I am excited to see The Town with my husband tonight. It looks so good! I’m also looking forward to seeing my friend who just moved to Austin and her sweet new baby when they come to visit. Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Image Source}

14 comments:

Carmen said...

Lovely room! Enjoy date night with hubby and your visit with your friend. Have a great weekend!

Laura Trevey said...

Light and Bright! Just the way I love it ~~ Have a wonderful weekend Paloma!

xoxo

Unknown said...

i'm loven' the bangle table too!

Lilacandgrey said...

Is that artwork on an easel? I think I need to do that!!

samantha ramage said...

that gold mirror is so gaudy-- its so baroque looking! love it!

xo
sami

Katie said...

I love the sunburst mirror, it brightens and makes any room look warm and inviting!

Christen Ales said...

I've seen this room before and I love it! It's so fresh and chic!

Gwen Driscoll said...

Beautiful space. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great weekend.

Laura Holland said...

Melanie Turner is a talented designer and a warm, caring person. I've had the pleasure of meeting her in person at HCC University.

Linden Blue by Lindsay Hair said...

What a lovely room, thank you for sharing! And I agree, a starburst mirror is timeless...just installed one from Julian Chichester in one of my projects...happy weekend!

Paulette @ At Home in Arkansas magazine said...

Lovely room Paloma... I'm printing off as inspiration!

I saw The Town last night with my bf and was pleasantly surprised. In fact, I loved it!

Wondering if you received my email this week?

Eden said...

amazing..

check out my blog plzzzzzzzz

www.lipstickjungleeden.com

designchic said...

Melanie Turner is one of my favorite designers. Her work always seems to have just the right combination of freshness, and sophistication...beautiful!

Jillian O'Neill said...

The table is from the new Bradley Hughes collection! I am about to customize it as a cocktail table - love it!!