photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jet Set: Château de Massillan

The Courtyard at The Château de Massillan in Uchaux, France

Do you have spring fever yet? Luckily, the weather has been quite warm in Houston lately. However, that doesn't stop me from daydreaming about beautiful places to get away from the daily routine. I recently came across a gorgeous hotel that had me wishing I could hop on a plane that very day!



The storybook Château de Massillan is located in Uchaux, France in Vaucluse region of Provence. It is only 10 minutes away from the cities of Orange and Avignon. There are also many important site nearby, such as the Palais du Papes, or Papal Palace, the Ancient Roman Theater, Pont du Gard, the Gorges de l'Ardeche, and the Vaison la Romaine.



The château was originally built in 1550 by Diane de Poitiers, the mistress of King Henry II. The 24 acre manor was initially used as a hunting lodge, but the land surrounding it is now used as a vineyard.


The Gorgeous Grounds at the Château de Massillan:




The interior of the château is just as gorgeous as the fairytale-like exterior. It is presently owned by Peter Wylly and Birgit Israel, owner of the London-based interior design company, Birgit Israel Interiors. Naturally, Birgit designed the romantic interiors for the château.

Lobby/ Sitting Room

The restaurant at the château serves French International cuisine.
Notice the sunflowers, typical of Provence.

The hotel is filled with gorgeous architectural details and design elements.

Sitting Area

The 12 sumptuous guest suites are absolutely breathtaking:



Okay, I'm off to listen to Tori Amos' "A Sorta Fairytale". Seriously, isn't the chateau absolutely gorgeous? It would be perfect for a romantic getaway.

14 comments:

Michele said...

We're seriously thinking of going to france for my 40th in April. I've been on the fence with the idea and this post has me falling off!
Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Michele, you should definitely go! Oh my, that would make for the most incredible and romantic birthday. You could spend some time in Paris and then head south to Provence to stay at the chateau!! Keep me posted. You guys take the best trips!

Courtney said...

Oh, Paloma this place looks incredible. I would happily take up residence in that first guest suite! (and I love A Sorta Fairytale-- going to give it a listen too!)

Heather said...

Ahhhh...it looks perfect! A little slice of heaven! What time do the flights leave?

Mélanie said...

I leave pretty close ,1hour driving from this hotel and I've never heard about it before . I may want to go for a romantic week end , it looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing

Viera said...

Truly amazing place.I Love France ( who doesn't).Thanks for sharing,Paloma.
Have a wonderful weekend.
XX
V

MW said...

Oh no! They don't open till April 1 and our fifth anniversary is March 27... hope there is something similar in the area that opens a bit sooner.

Unknown said...

MW, you could celebrate a few days later! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear wonderful Ladies,

thanks for all the nice comments about our beautiful hotel in the Provence. A special thanks a lot to Paloma.

Trust me you will love it to relax on our pool with a glass of champagne with a tickle of violet syrup in it, fresh figues from my garden and homemades sorbets.
Our Kitchen ueses only regioanl products or grown in france only. We use organic meat and fish as well bio vegetables. You have to try the Canneloni Cucumber or one of the salads for lunch with some fresh grilled bretagne lobster.

Everbody who loves to stay at our hotel will get a present from me and a refreshing glass welcome champagne. Please mention by reservations Palomas Blog.

I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you at Chateau de Massillan.

Warm wishes
Andreas
Manager / Chef de Cuisine

Unknown said...

Bonjour Andreas! Merci beaucoup! Everything you've described sounds absolutely wonderful. I hope to make it to the Chateau to enjoy your delicious food and the beautiful setting sometime soon!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

How gorgeous! I love the casual luxury of French style. I love your blog too!!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Beautiful!!!

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I love it!! It's the house that I have in my mind (if I had money)! Hahaha...

Abigail Litherland said...

We went here for our honeymoon and I would truly recommend it to everyone, it is every bit as beautiful when you get there as the pictures suggest! Went to Paris afterwards too, but it's this place that has me longing to go back!