photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Mutual Admiration Society Meets Again!

Me, Courtney (Under a Paper Moon), Meg (Late Check-In), Kylie (Bandelle), Carolina (Carolina Eclectic), Lauren (Material Girls), and Courtney (Inside the Loop) - Paige of I *heart*You was taking the picture.

On Sunday, all of the Houston bloggers got together for a long over due lunch. It had been months and months since we had all seen each other, so we met at The Raven Grill where we lingered for four hours, as is typical of the meals we share. It is so fun to have so many different points of view at one table. It was wonderful to see my old friends (minus Joni of Cote de Texas, who unfortunately had a stomach ache) and meet two new ones, Courtney of Under A Paper Moon, and Meg of Late Check-In. I can honestly say, that I admire each of these girls for different reasons and hope that we can all get together more often.


What a lovely and talented group! Kylie, Paige, Lauren, and Courtney

At least this time, they didn't start turning the lights off in the restaurant as we lingered over our conversation!

Me with our two new Houston bloggers

Courtney is sweet as can be and Meg is hilarious and has literally traveled all over the world

Thanks to Carolina for the photos! Yours turned out better than the one the waiter took with my camera. We missed you, Joni!

16 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

How fun!

katiedid said...

What fun!!!! I'm so jealous. I will have to checkout all the blogs!

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to see you again, Paloma. I'm so glad we have such a great group of bloggers in Houston!

Kylie
xx

cotedetexas said...

God - this makes me sick I was sick!!!!!!!!!!! omg - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

It was so great to meet you on Sunday! I had such a wonderful time, and I can't wait until the next get-together. xo

Courtney said...

You know it's a good time when 4 hours passes and you never look at your watch once. I can't thank you enough for getting us all together! As always, I had a wonderful time (as evident by my laughing self in every photo) and always love your company!

###### said...

OK seriously, my feelings are so hurt....I am in Dallas...no fair..

Pink Wallpaper said...

how fun to meet w/ all of those great girls! jealous!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love that you all get together, if only I had some blogger friends here in Phoenix to get together with. I would love that.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool. I read several of your blogs, but had no idea you all knew each other. Were you all friends before you started blogging? I'd love to do the same thing with bloggers in Philadelphia.

kadler said...

That's awesome - I love the Raven Grill! (was a long-time Houstonian until 6 months ago)

Hope I can join someday :)

Unknown said...

Hi Vanessa,

I don't think any of us knew each other before we started reading each other's blogs. That's what is so great about this whole concept. We probably would have never met each other if it weren't for our blogs and now we know other girls in our city who share similar interests.

K, if you ever come back to Houston, let us know! I'd love to meet you. :)

Meg said...

I'm late commenting (as always), but THANK YOU Paloma! IT was a blast! Y'all were so sweet to include me. I am like Courntey, I was laughing in all the pictures! It was great fun and I look forward to getting together again!

xx Meg

Sarah Ring said...

Aww - Next time I want an invite! :)

No.35style said...

oh how fun!! y'all are all so cute!