photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ode to San Miguel de Allende

San Miguel de Allende is a beautiful colonial town in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. My husband and I visited in March of 2006. I referenced San Miguel in my post about unique doors and promised to write more about it.

San Miguel is known for its gorgeous colonial architecture (one of my favorites and in my opinion one of the most beautiful), its hot springs, and its thriving art community. It is an enclave for American expatriates, foreign artists, and local artisans. We had such an amazing time there. Although there aren’t a ton of things to do, it’s a great place to go if you just need some time to relax and are looking for something other than the beach. We spent most of our time eating (seriously delicious food), walking the cobble-stone streets admiring the architecture and sights, shopping, browsing in the art galleries, and just taking in all of the wonderful sights and sounds. It is the perfect place to go for a long weekend. If you ever have a chance to visit, I highly recommend it!

























2 comments:

Felicia Snow said...

GOING TO SMA TOMORROW AND STAYING AT OASIS. DRAWN TO THE DESIGN HAPPENINGS AND THE BEAUTIFUL HOTEL. WILL LET YOU KNOW MY FINDINGS. CAN'T WAIT!

franki durbin said...

absolutely gorgeous! I live the street images. Filled with flowers, city life, activity. But Oasis looks like quite the respite!

I hope you get to go soon. It looks lovely.