photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Design Inspiration for our Home Office

So, the hubby and I have been talking about getting a new desk and redecorating our home office. I think we'll paint the room a grayish taupe color, add some shelves, and an Eames Management Chair. After looking online, I fell in love with a couple of desks from Ralph Lauren Home. I absolutely love the modern twist of the sawhorses! However, the desks retail between $16,000 to $18,000. That's way more than we want to spend on a desk, but they are just so chic! How can we get this look at a more reasonable price?
Ralph Lauren's Highbridge and Brigham desks:


Enter CB2, Crate and Barrel's younger, edgier sister. I found two dining tables with a similar look to the Ralph Lauren desks for a fraction of the price! Even though these are dining tables, they are not as long as the RL ones (we thought that could be a problem).




Here is the Reunion Table, which retails for $399.


The Silverado table for just $299:



The table would be paired with a timeless Eames Management Chair.





And I think it would be cool to finish the room with this coral chandelier from Worlds Away, though I don't know how practical that would be.

I'd also like to add an inspiration board on one of the walls to pin inspiring photos and magazine tear outs on. Opinions? Am I crazy for wanting to use a dining table as a desk?





7 comments:

Sheri said...

Those are great options for that look. Okay, and I am glad to see that I am not alone in the love of coral and chandeliers for that matter (I would hang them everywhere if I could). I especially love the red. That will make such a statement in there.

Anonymous said...

These are all great options but I vote for the Silvardo desk. It would look fabulous paired with the Eames chair. I have Eames chairs in my office and they are so comfy. Please post a picture once your office is done. I would love to see.

Decorno said...

Those desks are fabulous!

Leah Comstock Nygren said...

Only you could pull off that as a desk. You are organized enough so it wouldn't look cluttered.Love the chandlier but I was surprised you did! By the way---I will be shocked if you actually did something "crazy"!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Things That Inspire said...

Thank you for introducing me to Worlds Away! What a great company. I love their designs.

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I often find people in situations where budget is a restraint. No matter what, you’ll find Home Office Desks to suit your home and office.